Monday, December 19, 2005

CULTURE VULTURE

The state of American culture continues to deteriorate. I acquired today a very interesting
tshatshke. Some time ago, and I had quite forgotten about it in the long move to BC, I had entered a Good Morning America sweepstakes to see various female music artists in concert. The event was the GMA Women Rule Concert Series. I did not win the Grand Prize but First which was a cotton, short-sleeved t-shirt with the ABC logo emblazoned on it as well as the contest name and the sponsor, Nissan.

Being the tidy housewifely type that I can occasionally be while I am not scattering pearls of wisdom for the masses, I checked the care label of the garment. The shirt was made in Nicaragua. Is there a problem with this picture? I guess it’s not Good Morning America if the shirt was made elsewhere and the sponsor is Japanese? Something to think about on these long Canadian winter nights

No comments: